From convertible laptops to foldable phones, tech brands have proven there are no limits to innovation.
Now, tech companies are going beyond their designs by incorporating style and versatility into their gadget releases.
Most of these gadgets not only offer stylish designs but are also designed for consumers who want to work, learn, earn and play from anywhere.
If you are looking for convertible gadgets with an intuitive design, here are some you can check out along with their features:
Lenovo Yoga 9i
Lenovo, one of the world’s leading personal computer companies, launched an addition to its flagship convertible laptop offerings, the Yoga 9i in the Philippines in late March.
The iconic 360 degree flexible hinge laptop redefined the tech industry ten years ago, ten years later it refined the design and made it more versatile and portable.
The new convertible laptop comes with the all-new Comfort Edge design, which was designed to be both a centerpiece and an entertainment powerhouse that’s easier to take anywhere.
The Yoga 9i’s design is all about ergonomics with a 14-inch touchscreen and 360-degree hinge. It is available in Oatmeal color with rounded glossy sidewalls. It also weighs in from just 1.4kg and as thin as 15.25mm.
Among its main features are the following:
- 14-inch Lenovo PureSight 2.8K 90Hz OLED display – Powered by the latest Samsung E4 OLED technology
- Dolby Vision® HDR Certified Display – Capable of displaying vivid, vibrant colors, wider color contrast, and scene-by-scene color and brightness optimization.
- Rotating Soundbar Speakers – Powered by Bowers & Wilkins, this soundbar adapts to how you use it and rotates with the laptop.
- AI-powered features such as Smart Note app for note taking, Smart Power boosting its power with a single tap, Smart Appearance for looking better in photos and video calls, among others.
- 14 hour battery life
- 12th Generation Intel Core P-Series Processor (Intel Core i7-1260P)
- 16GB DDR5 RAM and 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD for storage
- Backed by 3-year premium service with accidental damage protection
The brand said the Yoga 9i is ideal for consumers who want to prioritize an immersive experience.
“We give consumers a fully equipped multimedia experience to play, learn, watch, pay bills or create content with the powerful performance of Windows 11,” said Michael Ngan, General Manager of Lenovo Philippines.
The convertible laptop starts at P109,995.00 and is exclusively available at all Yoga exclusive stores in SM Mall of Asia and SM North EDSA as well as Lenovo Experience stores and authorized resellers nationwide.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Foldable phones are becoming a thing again. This time they are further enhanced with touchscreen capability but still true to the nostalgic fold-unfold capability.
In August 2021, Samsung released its 5G foldable smartphone, Galaxy Z Fold 3, which still follows the book-like design.
Techradar called it one of the most stunning mobile gadget designs in 2021.
It has two screens and a hinge mechanism that allows it to fold and unfold the phone. The main screen would be made of ultra-thin Samsung glass.
Z Fold 3 is available in three classic shades, namely Phantom Black, Phantom Green and Silver
Here are some of its main features:
- 6.2 inch cover screen outside
- 7.6 inch screen inside – Main screen
- 12GB/256GB, 512GB RAM or storage
- 9.55 ounces in weight
- 4400mAh battery
- S Pen compatible – For note taking and drawing
- Snapdragon 888 chipset
- 12MP f/1.8 main camera
- 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera
- 12MP f/2.4 telephoto lens – Capable of 2x optical zoom
“The Z Fold 3 also improves on its predecessor with better durability and an under-display camera,” Tomsguide reads.
The foldable smartphone sells for around 87,990 pesos in the Philippines.
Apple iPad Air
Last month, Apple unveiled the new iPad Air.
It’s available in a new range of colors space gray, starlight, pink, purple and a stunning new blue.
Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing, said the new iPad is more powerful, more capable and more fun thanks to its new features, including the revolutionary M1 chip, Ultrawide front camera with center stage and 5G.
Other features of this tablet are:
- 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with advanced technologies such as True Tone, P3 Wide Color and anti-reflective coating
- M1 chip – 8-core processor delivers up to 60% faster performance than previous generation; M1 chip delivers next-level performance and all-day battery lifefootnote¹
- Supports second generation Apple Stylus
- Compatible with Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Foliofootnote⁴
- Touch ID
- Ultra-wide 12-megapixel front camera that activates the center scene – For more natural video calls
- The 12MP Wide rear camera – Perfect for capturing 4K photos and videos
- WiFi 6
“Whether it’s a college student taking elaborate notes, a content creator working on his latest project, or a gamer playing graphics-intensive titles, users love iPad Air for its amazing performance and versatility in such a portable design,” said Joswiak.
The iPad retails for P35,990 for 64GB and P44,990 for 256GB.