With the introduction of the iPhone 12 last year, Apple also introduced a new MagSafe ecosystem of iPhone accessories for the first time. Head down below as we round up some of the best MagSafe accessories (if you’ve been lucky enough to unbox an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 this holiday season) …
Best iPhone accessories for new buyers
MagSafe accessories are compatible with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. That means if you received an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 this holiday season, they can make a great accessory purchase. Alternatively, if you’ve received an Amazon or Apple gift card and already have an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, MagSafe accessories are a great way to spend that gift card.
Belkin MagSafe 2-in-1
One of my favorite MagSafe accessories is the Belkin MagSafe 2-in-1 Wireless Charger. Future under $ 100, this is a great option for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 buyers who also have AirPods or other Qi-enabled accessories.
The Belkin 2-in-1 has a dedicated MagSafe charging pad holder alongside a dedicated Qi charging pad in the docking station.
- Fast wireless charging up to 15 watts for the iPhone 12 and 13 series. Only compatible with MagSafe compatible cases for the MagSafe mount to charge wirelessly.
- Designed for MagSafe, this wireless charger provides up to 15W for iPhone 12 and 13 series devices, including AC adapter.
- Load in any orientation so you can FaceTime in portrait mode or easily switch to landscape for watching videos.
- The architecturally inspired design complements your iPhone 12 or 13 device and blends in perfectly with any environment.
- The only wireless chargers designed with official MagSafe technology.
You can purchase the Belkin 2-in-1 MagSafe Wireless Charger from Amazon for less than $ 100 in black or white. The company also sells a 3-in-1 model with Apple Watch support, although it is currently out of stock.
MagSafe in the car
If you are looking for a MagSafe compatible car accessory, one of our favorite options is the PowerWave car charger Anker. As we detailed in our full review, this is a great way to bring MagSafe compatibility to your car with a charging stand.
- Strong Magnetic Grip: Even the buzzing of your phone will not loosen the sturdy grip of the holder. Place your iPhone on the magnetic car charging cradle and let the secure magnets do the rest.
- Wide Compatibility: Works great with the majority of car vents to hold your phone in place. (Use the included 3M dashboard pad if the clips are not compatible with the air vents)
- Change it up: Rotate your iPhone 12 horizontally or vertically for the best viewing angle when using your favorite navigation app or taking hands-free calls.
As I wrote earlier this year, the MagSafe Duo has become one of my favorite accessories of all time. It’s a perfect companion for iPhone and Apple Watch owners, especially those planning to travel in 2022. As I wrote in August, it’s the nifty folding design that really makes the MagSafe shine. Duo:
The design of the MagSafe Duo is easy to laugh at, but in practice I have found it to be smart and versatile. The foldable design makes it easy to throw it in a bag before traveling, giving you a one-cable solution for charging your iPhone and Apple Watch in a hotel or Airbnb.
The nifty folding design also extends to the Apple Watch Washer, which can be rotated to stand up for Nightstand mode compatibility, as well as some Apple Watch bands such as the Solo Buckle. The versatile design is easily the MagSafe Duo’s best selling point and gives it a head start over some of the bigger competitors out there.
When it comes to finding a MagSafe compatible wallet, you have several options. Apple sells its own MagSafe wallet in a multitude of colors, which also includes support for Find My integration. Apple’s MagSafe Wallet, however, costs $ 59 and can only store three cards.
Satechi makes some of our favorite Apple accessories here at 9to5Mac, and its line of MagSafe gadgets doesn’t disappoint. One of the best options is the Satechi Aluminum 2-in-1 MagSafe Compatible Charging Stand, which is a more affordable alternative to the aforementioned Belkin booth.
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 13’s MagSafe charging system can also be used for on-the-go powering. Apple sells its own MagSafe battery for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, but it’s an expensive and far from ideal $ 100 solution.
- Attaching the MagSafe battery is a snap. Its compact and intuitive design makes it easy to charge on the go. Perfectly aligned magnets keep it attached to your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro, providing safe and reliable wireless charging.
- And it charges automatically, so there is no need to turn it on or off. There is also no interference with your credit cards or key chains.
- At your desk and need a charge? Just plug a Lightning cable into the MagSafe battery for up to 15W wireless charging. Running out of time? With an AC adapter over 20W, you can charge both the MagSafe battery and your iPhone even faster – and you can track your charge status on the lock screen.
Another option that we like more is Anker MagSafe Portable Charger. This option also includes a smart kickstand and charges via USB-C as opposed to Lightning.
These are just a few of our favorite MagSafe accessories. Many other options are also available. Check them out below.
What are your favorite MagSafe accessories for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13? Let us know in the comments!